Benefits of Dog Training:
- Puppy classes provide the opportunity for getting your new family member started off right. Puppy classes provide the experiences and opportunities for your puppy to develop interaction skills with other puppies, with people, and in new environments.
- Puppy socialization has been found to be critical to the psychological health of adult dogs. Puppy classes provide the opportunity for this important facet of your puppy’s upbringing.
- Training classes provide dog owners the skills and knowledge for dealing with common, normal dog behaviors— starting with puppy behaviors such as housetraining and chewing.
- No matter what age you start training your dog, foundation training provides the basis for any activity, behavior or job you want your dog to do.
- Training provides dogs with the basic good manners we all want—from polite greeting when guests arrive, to walking nicely on the leash, to coming when called.
- A trained dog is a fully participating member of the family—what a gift for all of you!
- Training enables you to choose from among a broad range of activities and dog sports to participate in and enjoy with your dog such as dog agility, Rally obedience, dancing with your dog, tracking, search and rescue, skijoring, sledding, water rescue trials, obedience, carting, reading programs, therapy work, and a nearly endless range of fun and philanthropic things to do!• A trained dog joins in the fun when company comes, accompanies the family to the kids’ sports games, goes with you to visit friends and relatives, goes for hikes, swims, and everything else the family does together.
- Training has been shown to be the single most important thing that keeps a dog in his or her “forever” home.
- Training builds your mutual bond, enhances the partnership and enriches the relationship you share with your dog. Is there anything better
- Having a trained dog is a joy for both you and your dog.
Through our specialized dog training in obedience, agility, puppy only classes, and private lessons in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, Sit, Stay, ‘N Play can help you and your dog understand each other on a deeper level. We use only positive dog training methods in all our classes. No prong or choke collars are permitted. All our class sessions are limited to ensure you and your dog receive individualized attention.All dogs must be current on their vaccinations/inoculations (age-appropriate) and also be licensed. For more information on having your dog licensed, please visit www.padoglicense.com. Please be sure to bring these records with you when you visit.Evaluation sessions are available to help you find the right session for you and your dog. Evaluations are also required before attending any off-leash activities offered.
Our classes are designed to have you and your dog work together on basic behaviors, such as sit, stay, and down. We will also help you to have your dog walk nicely on a leash. These classes range from basic manners through advanced obedience and include Canine Good Citizen as well as Therapy Dog training.
Our trainers are approved to certify your dog in the AKC S.T.A.R Puppy program, Canine Good Citizen, AKC Community Canine, and the AKC Urban CGC.
Want to teach your dog to wave at people? Bring you a bottle of water? We offer all levels of tricks training classes. Our trainers are approved to certify your dog in the AKC Tricks Titles.
Come have some fun with your dog! We welcome dogs of all ages, regardless of prior experience. Our non-competitive classes give you a taste of what the sport is all about in a fun environment. Our agility training sessions are flexible enough for puppies through experienced dogs to enjoy their time with us. Safely learn the agility elements while building confidence, improving obedience and handling, and on relationship skills.
Our unique facility allows your dog the chance to meet other dogs social gatherings. The main activity for these supervised sessions is for socialized dogs to interact with each other. No matter what the weather is outside, our indoor, climate controlled facility is perfect as an alternative to the dog park. Puppies are best suited for learning new abilities, but they must have their first round of vaccinations, before attending lessons. Sessions will be broken down to age and weight.
We realize that group lessons are not for everyone, so private lessons are available. This session gives you the opportunity to work with our trainer individually on a specific behavior or problem that you would like to improve upon.
Puppy Only Classes
We understand that early socialization leads to a healthy, happy, and adjusted dog. Our Puppy Only Classes are offered in agility, obedience, kindergarten, as well as private sessions. Every dog that enters our facility must have current vaccination records, and we maintain a clean facility with veterinarian-grade disinfectants. All our sessions are done under the supervised eyes of our experienced trainers.
The sport dogs LOVE!! Turn your dog’s natural ability to explore and smell into a fun and rewarding game. Learn how to read your dog’s body language and build a team relationship with a “no pressure” activity dogs can’t resist. NO obedience or prerequisites required: if your dog has a nose, they can play the game!
Refund Policy: There will be NO refunds on class fees once the session starts.